Asian Journal of Dental Sciences <p style="text-align: justify;"><strong>Asian Journal of Dental Sciences</strong>&nbsp;aims to publish&nbsp;high-quality&nbsp;papers (<a href="/index.php/AJDS/general-guideline-for-authors">Click here for Types of paper</a>) in all areas of&nbsp;‘Dental research’. This journal facilitates the research and wishes to publish papers as long as they are technically correct, scientifically motivated. The journal also encourages the submission of useful reports of negative results. This is a quality controlled,&nbsp;OPEN&nbsp;peer-reviewed, open access INTERNATIONAL journal.</p> Asian Journal of Dental Sciences en-US Asian Journal of Dental Sciences Revascularization or Apexification: Treatment of Choice in Non Vital Teeth- A Case Report of 2 Teeth <p>Alternatives like apexification or revascularization can be performed for the treatment of non vital teeth in young permanent teeth. Apexification with Mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) is the best alternative but it has the limitation of high cost and non-reinforcement of root canal dentin. So a new material Biodentine bioactive calcium silicate-based cement has been recently launched in the dental market as a ‘dentin substitute’ which claims improvements of some of the properties such as physical qualities and handling. Nowadays regeneration of tissues is the emerging and exciting field in the health sciences rather than replacement with artificial substitutes. Pulp revascularization depends on the ability of residual pulp and apical and periodontal stem cells to differentiate. However, both the methods i.e., apexification and revascularization are effective regarding the narrowing of the apical foramen of an immature tooth.</p> Palvi Gupta ##submission.copyrightStatement## 2021-01-11 2021-01-11 6 13 Knowledge and Awareness of Oral Medicine Specialty among the Medical Practitioners in Lata Mangeshkar Hospital, Nagpur <p><strong>Background: </strong>Medicine and dentistry need to go hand in hand for holistic betterment of a patient. However, in India even today the medical practitioners are unaware of a very important specialty of dentistry which is Oral Medicine and Radiology which deals with oral manifestations of systemic diseases.</p> <p><strong>Aim: </strong>Therefore, this study was conducted to assess and increase their awareness.</p> <p><strong>Study Design: </strong>A validated questionnaire consisting of closed ended questions was sent to 100 medical practitioners and they were asked to tick the most appropriate response.</p> <p><strong>Results:</strong> Among the 100 doctors, 55% were aware of the specialty and the remaining 45% were not aware of the specialty in dentistry. It was also observed that even though the medical practitioners encountered oral medicine specialty cases like Temporo-mandibular joint disorders, orofacial pain, premalignant lesion etc. they referred them elsewhere due to lack of awareness<strong>.</strong></p> <p><strong> Conclusion:</strong> There is a pressing the need to improve the coordination between medical and dental practitioners.</p> Apurva Mohite Khator Dhwani Suchak Simran Tahilyani Mukta Motwani Ankita Thakre ##submission.copyrightStatement## 2021-01-07 2021-01-07 1 5